Samsung Galaxy J7 was launched in June 2015. This device till now not get nougat update. Many developers work on this device and an xda developer builds android 7.1.1 nougat Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy J7. This device released with Android v5.1 (lollipop) with TouchWiz UI but many users don’t like to use this UI because it’s so laggy. So now you can try Lineage OS 14.1 nougat ROM for Galaxy J7. This ROM looks like same as stock android. Also, LineageOS is perfect for daily usage, very smooth and optimized.
As you know that cynogenMod closed there all service like making much custom ROM and Nightly builds. However, a company purchased caynogenMod name is Lineage. It now rebranded as LineageOS.
Two years ago Samsung launched Galaxy J7. The Galaxy J7 run 1.6GHz octa-core it comes with 2GB of RAM. Internal storage is 16 GB. It has 5.5 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. This device lets you snap 13-megapixel rare camera and 5-megapixel front camera. It has a Non-removable 3000 mAh battery.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. Also, this custom ROM supports theme manager, Audio FX that give you to change sound equalizer. Lineage OS can be installed via Custom recovery like TWRP, so need to install TWRP recovery on your device. If you already installed recovery then let’s begin with the tutorial. Flash Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy J7 and enjoy the experience of nougat with more stable performance.
- Camera rear/front
- Auto brightness.
- Bluetooth, Mic, Wi-Fi, GPS, IR
- Everything leaving the not workings.
- Before the process please take a full backup of your device.
- Make sure your device rooted and installed TWRP recovery, guide HERE
- Need 60-70% charge for flashing in your device.
- Download lineage-14.1-x-UNOFFICIAL-j7eltexx.zip and Gapps from below.
- Read the instruction carefully.
⇓⇓ Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat ROM For Galaxy J7 ⇓⇓
Guide To Install:-
- Download “lineage-14.1-x-UNOFFICIAL-j7eltexx.zip” and “Gapps” & copy both files to external storage.
- Turn off your phone and enter Recovery Mode by Volume Down + Power Key at the same time.
- Then ‘ wipe and format option ⇒ Wipe Dalvik cache, system, data, cache ’ via recovery.
- Back to recovery menu and click Install.
- Then navigate to the lineage-14.1-x-UNOFFICIAL-j7eltexx.zip file, which you downloaded before.
- Select file and swipe for install.
- After the process is done, again reboot your device into recovery.
- Then flash Gapps file (same step) and wipe caches.
- Then Reboot your device & enjoy.
Note: – The first time it’s takes 5-7 minutes to boot.