The official January 2018 security update is ready for Moto G5S Plus. Today Motorola started rolling a new Android Security Patch level update for Moto G5S Plus. This latest update comes with NPSS26.116-61-2 build version. Today we share install NPSS26.116-61-2 January 2018 update for Moto G5S Plus. If you want to install latest January 2018 security patch then download NPSS26.116-61-2 update for Moto G5S Plus.
This NPSS26.116-61-2 update is available for G5S Plus variants. This update is stable version and soon will roll out via OTA on your device. This update comes with build number 26.116-61-2. Let’s go to the instruction and download and update Moto G5S Plus to latest security patches.
Install NPSS26.116-61-2 January 2018 Update For Moto G5S Plus
If you have rooted or bootloader unlocked device then you can’t get this update via OTA. So here we share the NPSS26.116-61-2 file for update G5S Plus manually. This update brings fixes the Krack WiFi Vulnerabilities and much more minor things. Let’s go to the instruction to install NPSS26.116-61-2 January 2018 update for Moto G5S Plus.
- Android Version: Nougat v7.1.1
- Device: Moto G5S Plus
- Model Number: NPSS26
- Firmware Versions: NPSS26.116-61-2
- Android security patch level: February 2018
- Status: Official
- At first, check your device model number.
- Need your device at least to 70% charge, as the process may take a while.
- Download NPSS26.116-61-2 OTA.
- Read Instruction.
Latest update ADB driver and OTA Link:
To do this update need ADB driver if you want to flash with fastboot. Either you can install it via updater app.
ADB driver Link: adb_fastboot_1.4.1_portable.zip
NPSS26.116-61-2 OTA Link: NPSS26.116-61-2_cid50_subsidy_CFC.xml.zip
You may also like:
- G925IDVS3FRA1 On Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925I Firmware (Jan 2018)
- NDN26.118-23-12-3 November Security Update For Moto Z Play Verizon
- G925FXXS5EQL5 Firmware For Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F (Dec 2017)
- Install January 2018 Security Patch With Oreo Beta 3 On Essential PH-1
- Install NPNS 26.118-22-2-8 November Security Update For Moto Z Play
Guide To Flash The Update- Method #1:
- Firstly, download the above zip File and save it your external SD Card on your device.
- Now, It’s time to turn off the phone.
- Then Hold Power + Vol Up button, and there you will see the recovery options select it.
- In the recovery select Update from SD Card, and navigate to the ZIP you downloaded earlier.
- Wait until the process finishes and then reboot your phone.
- DONE!! Now enjoy the nougat update.
If this process fails then follow the steps below.
Guide To Install:-
- Download Moto G5S Plus January 2018 patch and Extract It.
- Install ADB on your computer.
- Now go to ADB and fastboot installation folder and open command window by holding shift key + right click.
- Then Boot your Moto G5 in Bootloader mode by pressing Volume Down+Power Button together.
- Now copy and paste following command in the command box. (If you are using mfastboot then type ” mfastboot ” instead of ” fastboot “)
fastboot oem fb_mode_set fastboot flash partition gpt.bin fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img fastboot flash logo logo.bin fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn fastboot erase cache fastboot erase userdata fastboot erase customize fastboot erase clogo fastboot oem fb_mode_clear fastboot reboot
- After done all process, you see your device boot up now enjoy.
Now you have successfully flashed the latest security update OTA on your Moto G5S Plus. If you have face any problems comment in the comment box. If you like the post, don’t forget to share it!!