Some day ago Google officially launched android 8.0 Oreo. We already share many Lineage OS and Oreo ROM for many devices you can check on our blog. Some time ago we posted Lineage OS 15 for Vibe K5 Plus. Previous year Lenovo launched Moto G5 Plus. Newly this device doesn’t get Oreo update from Lenovo, maybe after long days Lenovo sent Oreo update but at this time many users want to use Android Oreo on their device. For those users today we share Lineage OS 15 for Moto G5 Plus. Many developers now build Oreo custom ROM for many devices and today we found unofficial Lineage OS 15 On Moto G5 Plus Oreo 8.0 ROM.
This device comes with Android v7.0 (Nougat) with stock user interface but this UI not totally customize and looks not well. Main things that Lineage OS 15 gives you an opportunity to OREO experience with it comes with various types of themes. This ROM looks like stock Android but it can customize and optimized. LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many developers. This is an early build of Linage OS 15 that’s why some of the bugs in their maybe it will fix in next update please check the develop page (Source) before download.
Lineage OS 15 is mainly focused on battery backup and security. LineageOS is perfect for daily usage, very smooth and optimized. XDA member “Poter” released the build of Lineage OS 15 for Moto G5 Plus. Android 8.0 Oreo ROM can installed via Custom Recovery like TWRP, so you need to install TWRP recovery on Moto G5 Plus. If you already installed recovery then let’s begin with the tutorial. Install Lineage OS 15 On Moto G5 Plus and enjoy the experience of Oreo.
- Fingerprint Sensor
What’s not working:
You may also like:
- Don’t try it on anything else.
- It erases everything on your device so, creates a full backup of your device.
- Need to install a TWRP recovery on your device.
- Your device at least to 40-50% charge for flashing.
- Download Lineage OS 15 ROM, Magisk and Gapps file.
- Read the instruction carefully.
⇓⇓ Download Lineage OS 15 On Moto G5 Plus ⇓⇓
Guide To Install:
- Download ” lineage-14.1-xxx-UNOFFICIAL-potter.zip ” and ” Gapps.zip “.
- Copy both files to your device.
- Turn off your phone and enter recovery mode.
- In recovery go to ” Wipe And Format Option ⇒ Wipe Data, Cache And Dalvik Cache ” via recovery.
- Now back to recovery menu and go to Install.
- Then navigate to the lineage-14.1-xxx-UNOFFICIAL-potter.zip file, and swipe for flashing.
- When the process Completes, again click on install then install Magisk.zip and Gapps file.
- Then reboot your device.
Note: The first-time Reboot will take 4-5 minutes to boot, don’t interrupt the process.