Someday ago Google officially launched android 8.0 Oreo. At this time Redmi device does get Oreo update but many users want to use this new version of Android. For those users today we share AOSP Based Android 8.0 Oreo On Redmi 2. At a time Xiaomi one of the biggest brand in India and this device has many popular in India. That’s why many developers work on this device, and developer ” s.sawrav ” builds unofficial AOSP Based Android 8.0 Oreo On Redmi 2.
This device released with Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MiUI interface but many users always don’t like this type of highly optimized UI. This ROM looks like simple UI (same as stock Android). Also, AOSP gives you an opportunity to OREO experience. This ROM based on the Android 8.0 Oreo.
AOSP 8.0 is mainly focused on battery backup and security. Now stock Android is ready for daily usage, very smooth and optimized. Android 8.0 Oreo can installed via Custom Recovery like TWRP, so you need to install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 2. If you already installed recovery then let’s begin with the tutorial. Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi 2 and enjoy the experience of Oreo with more stable performance.
Extra added Features:
- Snapdragon Camera
- Phone boots
What’s not working:
- Some time Proximity Sensor does not work properly.
- Create a full backup of your device.
- Need installed a custom recovery.
- Your device at least to 50-60% charge for flashing.
- Download AOSP Oreo ROM and Gapps file.
- Read instruction.
⇓⇓ Download Android 8.0 Oreo On Redmi 2 ⇓⇓
You may also like:
Guide To Install:
- Download ” AOSP-wt88047-8.0-EXPERIMENTAL-1549.zip ” and ” Gapps.zip “.
- Copy both files to your device.
- Turn off your phone and enter recovery mode.
- In recovery go to ” Wipe And Format Option ⇒ Wipe Data, Cache And Dalvik Cache ” via recovery.
- Now back to recovery menu and go to Install.
- Then navigate to the AOSP-wt88047-8.0-EXPERIMENTAL-1549.zip file, and swipe for flashing.
- When the process completes, again click on install and install Gapps file.
- Then reboot your device.
Note: The first-time Reboot will take 4-5 minutes to boot, don’t interrupt the process.