Lineage OS 15 is now available for Galaxy S4 (Qualcomm variants). We already share many Lineage OS and Oreo ROM for many devices you can check on our blog. Three years ago Samsung launched Galaxy S4. This device doesn’t get Oreo updates from Samsung but at this time many users want to use Android Oreo on their device. For those users today we share Optimized Oreo ROM On Galaxy S4 [Lineage OS 15]. JDCTeam has released Oreo 8.0 Lineage 15.0 Unofficial ROM for Galaxy S4 Qualcomm variants.
This device comes with Android v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) with TouchWiz UI, this UI has slowly and too much laggy. Main things that Lineage OS 15 gives you an opportunity to use latest OREO features. It comes with various types of themes. LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many developers. This is an early build of Linage OS 15 that’s why some bugs in there maybe it will fix in next update.
Lineage OS 15 is mainly focused on battery backup and security. LineageOS is perfect for daily usage, very smooth and optimized. Android 8.0 Oreo ROM can installed via Custom Recovery, so you need to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy S4. If you already installed recovery then let’s begin with the tutorial. Install Optimized Oreo ROM On Galaxy S4 [Lineage OS 15] and enjoy the experience of Oreo.
- Based on LineageOS 15.0 – Android 8.0 Oreo.
- F2FS support.
- Improved speed, stability, RAM usage & battery drain.
- Choose your favorite notification LED pattern at device’s boot!
- Toolbox by JDCTeam – the all-in-one device manager.
- Powered by Alucard kernel.
What’s not working:
- The camera is NOT working.
You may also like:
- It erases everything on your device so, creates a full backup of your device.
- Need to install a custom recovery on your device.
- Your device at least to 40-50% charge for flashing.
- Download Lineage OS 15 ROM and Gapps file.
- Read the instructions carefully.
⇓⇓ Download Oreo ROM On Galaxy S4 ⇓⇓
Use Open Gapps 8.x (ARM)
Guide To Install:
- Download ” Optimized-LineageOS-15.0-Alpha.zip ” and ” Gapps.zip “.
- Copy both files to your device.
- Turn off your phone and enter recovery mode.
- In recovery go to ” Wipe And Format Option ⇒ Wipe Data, Cache And Dalvik Cache ” via recovery.
- Now back to recovery menu and go to Install.
- Then navigate to the Optimized-LineageOS-15.0-Alpha.zip file, and swipe for flashing.
- When the process Completes, again click on install then install Gapps file.
- Then reboot your device.
Note: The first-time Reboot will take 4-5 minutes to boot, don’t interrupt the process.